Oliver Tourism is proud of its community and its members. If you are interested in becoming a member, please download, print, and fill in the membership form. Bring it into the Oliver Tourism Visitor Center or email your completed form to email@example.com.
Why Join the Oliver Tourism Association?
Who We Are
Mission Statement: The Oliver Tourism Association will identify and promote tourism opportunities and activities within the Town of Oliver and the surrounding area, encourage and support tourism initiatives that will benefit the Town of Oliver and the surrounding area, and develop and market the destination branding.
The Oliver Tourism Association is a registered not-for-profit organization supporting businesses and organizations that either is directly tourism-focused or support tourism activities, with the goal of providing information and opportunities to visitors in Oliver and Area C. As well as providing all-encompassing tourism services and regional destination marketing for our stakeholders.
Executive Director Ian Lobb is dedicated to “Working strategically with our partners to make things happen.” Membership is a partnership. We are committed to learning about our member businesses, and how we can best support and promote them as we share what makes Oliver our home, workplace, and playground.
What We Do
- The Oliver Tourism Association (OTA) operates the Oliver Visitor Centre, which receives 100 – 400 visitors a day during the May – October high season and 25 – 75 visitors a day during the winter months.
- Locals and visitors alike are supported in person, over the phone, through our website, email, and social media platforms. Travel counselors provide information and make suggestions tailored to the specific needs and interests of the travelers. This personalization ensures visitors are not only satisfied with the service they received, but also desire to stay longer, spend more, share their experiences, and come back.
- Maintain the Oliver Tourism website along with OTA’s social media pages, ensuring consistent branding and messaging while showcasing Oliver and Area C.
- The OTA designs and publishes the Oliver Visitor Experiences Guide, through working collaboratively with local businesses to develop content and to distribute the guide throughout Western Canada and Washington State. This marketing opportunity connects your business to inquiries generated by Oliver Tourism including advertising, sales, travel editorial, and visitor servicing activities.
- The OTA hosts events that are major tourist attractions and exemplify the unique Oliver experience, including Oliver’s Cask and Keg Festival as well as Festival of the Grape. In addition, we support numerous events in the community and surrounding areas.
The upcoming release of our website features an enhanced user experience, including an interactive map locator, an easy to navigate events calendar, and built-in space for features ensuring ample promotional opportunities and member exposure. We understand that this year will require more of a focus on recovery than standard promotional techniques. We are working on a recovery strategy both locally and regionally.
- Continuous promotion of your product or services through the Oliver Visitor Centre, where our team welcomes residents and visitors, then assists them with their trip planning and information on the many events, attractions, vacation rentals, etc., throughout Oliver and Area C.
- Dedicated Social Media support for events and promotions.
- Oliver Visitor Centre high visibility year-round brochure display (upgraded fee)
- Enhanced website listings with photo, description, website, and social media links (upgraded fee). All member listings include one category listing, business name, and phone number.
- Permission to use the Tourism Oliver logo on your website and marketing materials.
- Exclusive member advertising opportunities in the Official Oliver Visitors Experience Guide.
- Shared marketing opportunities for the benefit of all tourism stakeholders.
- Members receive professional development opportunities, industry news, OTA newsletter, updates, and insights, as well as exclusive member discounts.
- Your festival and event posting on the Oliver Tourism Association website.
- A voice and a vote. Participate by sharing tourism ideas and related information with other members, stakeholders, and the community at large, and help direct the work of the Oliver Tourism Association.
- Opportunity to run for the Oliver Tourism Association Board of Directors.
Membership Fees & Additional Information
The Membership fees seen below are for 2020 from May 1st, 2020 to May 1st, 2021. Your membership fees will help us support and prepare Oliver and Area C as we move through and past these challenging times, as well as supporting digital resources and the key role they will play in our recovery strategy. Out of concern for our partners, we are keeping the same low membership fees for this year while continuing to enhance benefits for our members. Your membership will greatly assist us in helping you. Membership fees are due no later than June 30, 2020. Please note applicable taxes are included.
Standard Membership $36.75
Includes a basic web listing with your business name and one phone number. Access to all free professional development events, industry news, member newsletters, updates, and insights, as well as exclusive member discounts. In addition, you are able to promote your events through the calendar listing feature on our website.
Enhanced Web listing $78.75
- Linked email address
- Physical and/or mailing address
- Up to 250 words of descriptive text
- Link to your business website
- Displayed on the online locator map
- One logo or one image (Note: Please use your business name in the image title as well as photo credit if applicable)
- Links to social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Business Card Display $26.25
One Rack card, brochure, or menu holder $68.25
*$10 oversized fee, magazines larger than 8 ½ by 11 inches
Premium Membership $157.50 you save $52.50!
Includes everything standard membership offers, all of the add on options and one free ticket to paid events. In addition, on our website your company will be displayed on our online locator map feature, you will be included in the featured members of the month, two individual promotions yearly, and you be able to add a photo to your event calendar listing.